Discover our new educational brochure about AMR! It explains how diagnostic tests are instrumental for antimicrobial stewardship programs and their impact on public health worldwide.
bioMérieux has developed a range of educational handbooks on topics related to antibiotic resistance and antimicrobial stewardship, including:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship – a practical guide to implementation in hospitals
- Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing: performance of in vitro antimicrobial susceptibility testing of bacteria and fungi
- Antimicrobial Prescribing – optimization through drug dosing and MIC
- Carbapenem Resistance – from diagnosis to outbreak management
- Procalcitonin – for diagnosis and guidance of antibiotic therapy
Webinar – Value of Diagnostics to Enhance Antimicrobial Stewardship
Presented by Ed Septimus, MD, FIDSA, FACP, FSHEA
Topics covered in the webinar include:
- the primary goals of an antimicrobial stewardship program (ASP),
- the basic principles of diagnostic antimicrobial stewardship,
- the role of procalcitonin (PCT) and syndromic testing in supporting antimicrobial stewardship,
- the uses, advantages and disadvantages of different types of Rapid Diagnostic Tests (RDTs).
This webinar was hosted by CIDRAP (Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy) and was made possible with grant support from bioMérieux.
> Watch the webinar on YouTube